Monday 30 November 2009

At last ...

... I am cutting!

The summer, the wind, obligations and some technical issues have all conspired against any progress in this build. But, I started cutting yesterday! And I am happy with the result!


I printed the plans out (life-size) and cut out the shapes. I started out by spraying along the plan edges to transfer the shapes on the panels but found out that, unless your cut out was super precise, the result would be unsatisfactory. So I left the plans on the panels (securely affixed) and started cutting with the jig-saw along the black line. That worked much better. Any corrections were made by fairing with the multimaster. To be continued next weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Hi George, I would really like to get in contact with you since I am just about to buy the plans and start construction here in Istanbul, Turkey.
    Thanks ! Jerome
    jerome.negre@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Remember, measure twice, cut once!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ΠΩΣ ΤΑ ΠΑΣ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΣΚΑΦΑΚΙ ΕΧΕΙΣ ΠΡΟΧΩΡΙΣΕΙ ΚΑΘΟΛΟΥ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Σύντομα ράβουμε!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ΝΟΜΙΖΑ ΟΤΙ ΤΑ ΕΙΧΑΤΕ ΠΑΡΑΤΗΣΕΙ ΓΙΑΤΙ Η ΙΣΤΟΣΕΛΙΔΑ ΕΙΧΕ ΚΑΙΡΟ ΝΑ ΕΝΗΜΕΡΩΘΕΙ....ΕΥΧΟΜΑΙ ΛΟΙΠΟΝ ΚΑΛΑ ΠΑΝΙΑ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Θέλω και εγώ να χτίσω ένα σκαφος (VG18 από bateau.com) αλλά έχω το ίδιο πρόβλημα που είχες και εσύ με το κόντρα πλακέ. Τελικά τι χρησιμοποίησες; Από ποιόν προμηθευτή;

    Δημήτρης

    ReplyDelete